Monday, February 8, 2010

Earthy Crunchy Chicken Salad

I'm picky about chicken salads, and this has become my favorite recipe. I got it from a friend in my church growing up, who made it for my bridal shower. It's so good with cashews, coconut, and chili powder or curry! This is the perfect mix of flavors. My preferences are at the bottom of the recipe. That is how I usually make it, plus I usually double it to make more!

From: Michelle Ellison

Ingredients

  • 3 boneless-skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup cashews (diced if preferred)
  • 3-4 stalks celery (chopped)
  • 4 green onions (diced)
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip if you prefer)
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (to taste)
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional) or curry to taste (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)

Directions

Mix well, chill (at least an hour) and enjoy!

*I only like the lemon juice. I usually don't do either the chili powder or curry in mine, but I do add salt pepper and garlic salt.

Serves: 6-8

2 comments:

  1. It sounds and looks delicious. Thanks for sharing, your blog is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good chicken salad...and this one looks like it will definitely fit that category! I can hardly wait to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin