Sunday, September 21, 2008

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie (with a cream cheese layer)

I hesitated posting this one, because Leslie recently posted her pumpkin pie recipe, but I made it today and ate three pieces all by myself! A sinful confession, but I absolutely loved every bite. It is very light and creamy for a pumpkin pie, and the cream cheese layer is to die for! This comes from a pamphlet I was given. It is Jello brand recipe.

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

4 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use fat free so I can eat more)
1 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tub (8oz.) Cool Whip topping thawed, divided
1 graham cracker crust (homemade is my favorite)
1 cup milk
1 can (15oz.) pumpkin (or 1 cup baked pumpkin purreed)
2 pkg.(4 serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Mix: cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in half the whipped topping. Spread into crust.

Pour: 1 cup milk into large bowl. Add pumpkin, dry pudding mixes and spices. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Spread over cream cheese layer.

Refrigerate 4 hours or unil set. Garnish with remaining whipped topping while sreving. Refrigerate leftover pie.

Tip: One pudding mix still makes a great pie, it's just not as firm. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sis,
    I made this yesterday for the family dinner we have every 2nd Sunday. I was delish! Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin